With another strawberry season upon us, I thought I’d round-up some great strawberry jam recipes. I’ve included something for everyone, including small-batch, no-cook (freezer jam), honey-sweetened jam, pectin-free jam, sugar-free jam and even a bonus pickled strawberry recipe.
1. Classic Strawberry Jam (Canadian Living) – if you’re looking for a classic, cooked strawberry jam, this is a great one.
2. No Sugar, No Cook Strawberry Jam (Canadian Living) – perfect for those that don’t want to cook their jam and who are looking for a sugar-free strawberry jam option.
3. Strawberry Balsamic Black Pepper Jam (Canadian Living) – a great gourmet strawberry jam, with subtle flavours of balsamic vinegar and black pepper added. Perfect for gifts.
4. Roasted Strawberry Jam (Rock Recipes) – strawberry jam with a twist, by roasting the strawberries first.
5. Skillet Strawberry Jam with Vanilla (Dinner with Julie) – making jam doesn’t need to be complicated. This method shows how to do it in a skillet.
6. Small Batch Strawberry Jam (Yummy Mummy Club) – if you’re just looking for a bit of jam, try this small-batch version that you can just refrigerate and use up. No canning necessary.
7. Honey Sweetened Strawberry Jam (Simple Bites) – looking for a strawberry jam that’s made without white sugar? Try this recipe that’s sweetened with honey instead.
8. No Pectin Strawberry Jam (Minnesota From Scratch) – this version is made without the need for commercial pectin to set it.
9. Sun-dried Strawberry Strawberry Jam (Alice Waters via Victory Garden) – another twist on the usual, this recipe involves drying the strawberries in the sun before making them into jam.
10. Freezer Strawberry Jam (Life Made Delicious) – lots of people swear by freezer jam to maintain the summer fresh flavour of strawberries. Freezing the jam also means that jar canning is not necessary. This is a great recipe to try.
11. Pickled Strawberries – Pickling strawberries gives them a tangy, sour-sweet flavor that works well on meat-filled sandwiches, much like cranberry sauce.