57 Fabulously Festive Cookie Recipes
A collection of 57 fabulously festive Christmas cookie recipes, perfect for gifts, cookie exchanges or holiday entertaining.
Every year I attend a Christmas Cookie Exchange and every year I scour the web for new cookie ideas. I thought I’d turn this years web cookie quest in to a list of links to maybe help other cookie exchangers out there!
1. My Ginger Spice Cookies – are great for the holidays. Dress them up with a dash of red sugar decoration.
2. Santa’s Sandwich Cookies – a chocolate cookie with a peanut butter filling.
3. Butter Pecan Shortbread – simple, 5-ingredient shortbread cookie.
4. Surprise Peanut Butter Cookies – chocolate cookies with a surprise peanut butter center.
5. Best Ever Cappucccino Butter Cookies – pretty, grown-up cookie, great for gifts.
6. Chewy Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies – a traditional favourite, with the festive addition of dried cranberries and white chocolate.
7. Lavender Sugar Cookies – different and elegant sugar cookie that has fresh or dried lavender flowers in it.
8. Sugar Cookie Frosting – a top-rated cookie frosting from All Recipes.
9. Best Rolled Sugar Cookies – a great, basic sugar cookie recipe that is the top-rated sugar cookie recipe on All Recipes, with over 1000 reviews!
10. Peanut Blossom Cookies – a peanut butter cookies with a Hershey Kiss on top.
11. Mrs. Sigg’s Snickerdoodles – a cinnamon-sugar cookie, crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside.
12. Chocolate Mint Truffles – easy to make, look great. Would make great gifts.
13. Triple Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies – tasty, good looking cookies, dressed up with melted chocolate drizzle.
14. Italian Almond Cookies – a simple, traditional favourite, garnished with almonds and cherries.
15. Cookie on a Stick – a chocolate chip cookie baked with a stick, so it looks like a lollipop. Uses refrigerated cookie dough but you could just as easily make your own. Great recipe for baking with the kids.
16. Caramel Pecan Cookies – a basic sugar cookie with a decadent caramel, pecan topping. Look lovely and would make great gifts.
17. Cranberry Orange Drop Cookies – I love the cranberry orange combination. A long ingredient list, including pistachios but I’m betting it’s worth it.
18. Orange Almond Lace Cookies – delicate, lacy cookies that are pretty simple to whip up. Sure to impress and would look great in a gift box.
19. White Chocolate, Cranberry and Macadamia Nut Cookies – I think the title says it all. They’ve just got to be yummy!
20. Pumpkin Walnut Cookies – a pretty, pumpkin cookie that offers up some nice variety from the super-sweet cookie.
21. Chocolate Chip Cookie Brittle – not exactly a cookie, but close enough. This bakes on a baking sheet and then is broken up like peanut brittle. Would make a great, sweet gift.
22. ‘Tis the Season Coconut Macaroons – a classic macaroon, dressed up for the season with Nestle holiday coloured morsels.
23. Peanut Butter Cup Cookies – a cookie that tastes like a peanut butter cup and can be dressed up with festive sprinkles or sugar.
24. Gingerbread Men Cookies a classic and great fun for decorating with Royal Icing.
25. Almond Glazed Sugar Cookies – a pretty, almond cookie.
26. Gingersnap Cookies – another classic cookie that would look festive with the addition of some red sugar.
27. Pecan Cookie Balls – a pecan cookie, rolled in icing sugar.
28. Santa’s Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies – a chocolate cookie, with a thumbprint filled with chocolate, toffee and cherries.
29. Caramel Filled Chocolate Cookies – look decadent! Be sure to read the comments for some alternate variations on this recipe.
30. Candy Cane Cookies – sugar cookies, shaped like candy canes.
31. Easy Decadent Truffles – these are decadent! Pretty treats that can have a variety of coatings and make excellent gifts.
32. Fudge Puddles – chocolate, peanut butter and pecans. Very pretty cookie, too!
33. Classic Shortbread Cookies – be sure to read the variations and how to and you’ll be sure to have perfect shortbread.
34. Chocolate Nut Shortbread – a dressed-up version of the classic shortbread, baked in a round and sliced in to triangles. Would make a great gift cookie.
35. Pecan Pie Cookies – the taste of pecan pie in a thumbprint cookie.
36. Cranberry and White Chocolate Shortbread – another shortbread variation, also baked in a round.
37. Hazelnut Shortbread baked in a tart pan, with a chocolate dip, would be sure to impress your guests during the holidays!
38. Whipped Shortbread – these melt-in-your-mouth cookies are easy to whip up a batch of. Uses a cookie press to make pretty cookies, easily.
39. Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies – although the combination of chocolate and gingerbread seems unusual, lots of people swear by this cookie recipe.
40. Chocolate Covered Surprise Cookies – chocolate, cherries and chewy.
41. Chocolate Espresso Cookies – chocolate and coffee together in a cookie. It has to be good!
42. Coconut Cranberry Macaroons – orange, cranberry and coconut. A pretty, light cookie.
43. Chocolate Pretzels – a fun, pretzel shaped chocolate cookie.
44. Giant Ginger Cookies – tie these huge cookies up with a red ribbon and they’d make a fabulous gift.
45. Brown Sugar Cashew Cookies – frosted cashew, brown sugar cookie.
46. Praline Cookies – um, yum! A basic cookie with a praline topping.
47. No Bake Chocolate Cookies – oats, coconut and marshmallows in chocolate. And no bake, too!
48. Cake Mix Christmas Cookies – quick and easy and great for making a variety of different flavours, using any kind of cake mix as a base.
49. Chocolate Snowballs – a chocolate and nut cookie ball, rolled in powdered sugar.
50. Cappuccino Chocolate Chip Cookies – coffee and cinnamon spiked chocolate chip cookie. Decorated with a white chocolate drizzle, these are great gift cookies.
51. Broken Brittle Crisps Cookie – a super-thin, crispy, toffee and chocolate cookie.
52. Gumdrop Cookies – an old-fashioned holiday cookie. Look for “cooking” gumdrops in the baking aisle.
53. Vanilla Bean Sugar Cookies – a must for vanilla lovers.
54. Holiday Meringues – beautiful meringue wreaths, decorated with cherries.
55. Cinnamon and Sugar Cookies – sugar cookies with wonderful winter spices and a cinnamon chip glaze.
56. Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies – chocolate wafer cookies with a vanilla filling rolled in candy cane.
57. Linzer Cookies – a traditional and very pretty Christmas Cookie.