This is a tasty, quick pasta recipe that you can have on the table in 15 minutes! It takes only as long as boiling water and cooking the pasta, since all the other ingredients are fresh.
Try replacing the regular tomatoes in this recipe with semi dried tomatoes.
Serve with a salad and crusty bread for a quick and easy dinner.
Fresh Tomato and Goat Cheese Pasta
Summary: This is a quick and easy pasta dish that can be ready in 15 minutes. Perfect for busy weeknights.
- 1 lb. package penne pasta
- 5 oz. (140 g) goat cheese (chevre)
- 3 whole green onions, thinly sliced (or 1/4 cup snipped chives)
- 2 tomatoes (or use semi dried tomatoes, for even more tomato flavour)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (or 1 tsp. dried basil)
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmessan (parm reg is great with this dish)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Add the pasta and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until al dente (about 8 – 10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, crumble the goat cheese into a large bowl. Add the green onions or chives. Then, coarsely chop the tomatoes and add them to the cheese mixture. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until evenly mixed.
- When the pasta is cook, drain well but do not rinse. Immediately pour the hot pasta in the large bowl with the cheese mixture. Serve.
Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 10 min | Total time: 15 min
Number of servings (yield): 4