It’s hard to find something that’s light and healthy AND tastes really, really good. This dish is one of them! It can be served as a side dish or as a light dinner dish. If you have leftovers, re-warm and serve on a ciabatta bun.
Grilling the vegetables on a bbq works equally well with this recipe and adding goat cheese instead of feta is another good option. Of course, feel free to leave out or add in any veggies you like or don’t.
Warm Roasted Vegetable Salad with Feta Cheese
Summary: This is a great side dish with any meat. Try this with goat cheese, as well. Leftovers make a great sandwich!
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow or orange pepper, cut into strips
- 2 portabello mushrooms, cut into strips
- 2 zucchini, sliced into rounds
- 1/2 a large sweet (vidalia-type) onion, cut into thin wedges
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1-2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4-1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled (or goat cheese, crumbled)
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Spread prepared vegetables evenly on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and stir lightly on the pan to coat.
- Roast 35-45 minutes until soft and roasted nicely (timing will depend on how thick the veggies were cut).
- Place vegetables on a large plate. Combine balsamic vinegar and olive oil (adjust amounts according to your taste) drizzle over vegetables. Sprinkle crumbled feta cheese over and toss lightly to combine. Serve warm.
- Serves 4 as a side or 2 as a main dish.
Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 35 min | Total time: 40 min
Number of servings (yield): 4