Artichoke Asiago Dip. My guilty pleasure but definitely worth it!
There are a lot of artichoke dip recipes, but this is my favourite. It can be mixed together ahead (up to 24 hours ahead) and refrigerated until ready to bake. Some people like to add some thawed and drained frozen spinach, to lighten it up a bit or a bit of finely chopped jalapeno or green chilis to add a bit of heat. To me though, it’s perfect as written but feel free to experiment to find your idea of perfection :)
Artichoke Asiago Dip
Summary: This is rich and cheesy dip, perfect for any type of entertaining or just to enjoy at home, anytime.
- 2 cups Hellman’s regular mayonnaise,
- 2 cups (or more) shredded asiago cheese,
- 2 – 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 oz. marinated artichoke hearts chopped.
- 2 round loaves of white bread
- Mix all ingredients together (can be done the day before).
- Hollow out a round loaf of bread, reserving the inside bread. Put the dip in the hollowed out loaf and bake for 1 hour at 350° F.. Serve with chopped bread from the inside of the hollowed loaf and from the additional loaf.
- * If you prefer not to bake in the bread, just put the dip into an oven-proof dish and bake just until the cheese has melted (~ 20 minutes). If desired, sprinkle extra cheese on top and put under the broiler for a few minutes before removing from oven until nicely golden.
Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 55 min | Total time: 1 hour
Number of servings (yield): 6