Are you looking for a dinner that is fast, easy, tasty and healthy? This recipe definitely fits the bill!
This dinner can be on the table in less than 15 minutes and there’s not a bit of guilt on the plate.
Variation: For a cool, light summer meal, grill the trout on the BBQ and leave the tomato sauce raw, rather than sautéing.
Trout Fillets with Cherry Tomato Sauce
This is a quick, easy and healthy dinner.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (preferably assorted colours), halved
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- Coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 rainbow trout fillets
- In a bowl, mix the halved tomatoes, shallot, vinegar, and chopped rosemary in bowl. Stir in 2 Tbsp. of the olive oil. Season sauce with salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature for 15 or 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the trout with coarse salt and pepper.
- Add the remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil to a large nonstick skillet. Heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook trout until brown on the outside and just opaque in centre, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer trout to plates. Add tomatoes to the same pan and quickly saute, just until tomatoes are warmed and soft. Spoon sauce over-top of and along side of trout.
Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 30 min | Total time: 30 min
Number of servings (yield): 4