My daughter often tells me she’s not a “muffin fan”. I guess I just haven’t been making the right muffins because she ate 3 of these yesterday :)
Look for the SKOR toffee bits in with the chocolate chips at the grocery store.
Toffee Apple Oatmeal Muffins
Summary: These are delicious muffins. The SKOR bits add some great flavour.
- 1 1/2 cups milk, hot
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 2/3 cup SKOR toffee bits
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. cold butter, diced
- 4 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. quick cooking rolled oats
- 1/3 cup SKOR toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, pour hot milk over rolled oats, stir and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and soda, cinnamon, apple and toffee bits.
- In a small bowl, beat together the brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla and eggs. Blend this mixture into the oatmeal mixture, then pour it over the dry ingredients. Mix just until moistened.
- To make topping, cut butter into flour until crumbly. Stir in rolled oats and toffee bits. Fill each muffin cup to the top with batter, then sprinkle with topping.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 20 min | Total time: 30 min
Number of servings (yield): 12