With another strawberry season upon us, I thought I’d round-up some great strawberry jam recipes. I’ve included something for everyone, including small-batch, no-cook (freezer jam), honey-sweetened jam, pectin-free jam, sugar-free jam and even a bonus pickled strawberry recipe. (This is part of our archive collection, an oldie but goodie)
1. Classic Strawberry Jam (Canadian Living) – if you’re looking for a classic, cooked strawberry jam, this is a great one.
2. No Sugar, No Cook Strawberry Jam (Canadian Living) – perfect for those that don’t want to cook their jam and who are looking for a sugar-free strawberry jam option.
3. Strawberry Balsamic Black Pepper Jam (Canadian Living) – a great gourmet strawberry jam, with subtle flavours of balsamic vinegar and black pepper added. Perfect for gifts.
4. Roasted Strawberry Jam (Rock Recipes) – strawberry jam with a twist, by roasting the strawberries first.
5. Honey Sweetened Strawberry Jam (Simple Bites) – looking for a strawberry jam that’s made without white sugar? Try this recipe that’s sweetened with honey instead.
6. Sun-dried Strawberry Strawberry Jam (Alice Waters via Victory Garden) – another twist on the usual, this recipe involves drying the strawberries in the sun before making them into jam.
7. Freezer Strawberry Jam (Life Made Delicious) – lots of people swear by freezer jam to maintain the summer fresh flavour of strawberries. Freezing the jam also means that jar canning is not necessary. This is a great recipe to try.
Pickled Strawberries – Pickling strawberries gives them a tangy, sour-sweet flavor that works well on meat-filled sandwiches, much like cranberry sauce.